Make this Halloween snack death defying with Fusion® Ghost Pepper Sea Salt or Fusion Venom® Sea Salt or bring down the heat and amp up the flavor with Fusion Roasted Garlic Sea Salt. Kids and friends will love your new take on this old classic.
PUMPKIN SEEDS TO DIE FOR
- 8 c. salted water, we recommend about 2 Tbsp. Pure Ocean® Atlantic Sea Salt
- 2 c. pumpkin seeds
- 1-2 tsp. olive oil
- A dash or two of Worcestershire
- 1-2 tsp. Fusion Roasted Garlic Sea Salt
- Or turn up the Halloween heat with Fusion Ghost Pepper Sea Salt or Fusion Venom Sea Salt
- Scrape the seeds from the pumpkin and rinse in a colander to remove major chunks and strings. The seeds do not need to be completely clean as much of the flesh will come off in the boiling process.
- Preheat your oven to 400° F.
- Bring water to a boil and add Pure Ocean Atlantic Sea Salt with the pumpkin seeds. Boil for 10 minutes.
- While seeds are boiling lay out some paper towels on a baking sheet or large cutting board for drying.
- Pour seeds into a colander and rinse. Lay them out on prepared cookie sheets and top with paper towels, pat to dry.
- Toss seeds in a bowl with olive oil and Fusion Roasted Garlic Sea Salt or your favorite Fusion flavor.
- Place on a foil lined baking sheet in a single layer and bake until they begin to brown, 10-15 minutes. Seeds change from a wet, grayish color to more of an opaque white as they become fully roasted.
- Remove from the oven and top with a fresh sprinkling of Fusion Roasted Garlic Sea Salt to taste.
- Store in an airtight container.